Richard Yap shared with the public his frustration over a supposedly excessive electricity bill he received in Meralco.
Yap called out Meralco via Twitter after he received his bill amounting to P55,652.01.
“A lot of people have been complaining about their @meralco bill. Instead of billing the average of 3months they have been multiplying our bill 3x. How did our bill end up this big when we’ve been paying our monthly bills?”
Meralco has since replied to Yap’s tweet, promising to investigate the matter and asked the actor to send the company a direct message.
“Let’s check on that, Richard. Kindly provide thru DM your Service Identification Number or Registered Name and Service Address indicated on your electric bill for our reference. We will be waiting.”
Netizens reacted to this reply of Meralco by tweeting the following:
– “Why not check/update your system, credit what have already been paid and issue the corrected billing statement. Its stressful seeing a 20k electric bill.”
– “Wow kapag artista may reply agad? Yun DM ko hanggang ngayon nasa ignore list nyo pa din! Sir Richard, I hope through your message it would finally gain attention from the government and other concerned agencies.”
– “Wow basta artista me sagot agad? Yung tita ko sa Makati tawag ng tawag walang sumasagot!”
– “Puro lang sila check our pm, dm us dm us. Kunwari pa kayo aayusin ang bill ng May. Tapos ginawa nyo installment? Di naman kayo nag reading! Jusko pows”
– “Nag dm na kaming lahat sa inyo di naman kau sumasagot niloloko nyo kaming lahat binabayaran namin kayo ng maayos tapos lolokohin nyo pa rin kami @meralco”
Yap has yet to post an update on the issue.
What can you say about this?
Do you also experience what Yap is complaining about?